The EK Vardar EVO 120ER D-RGB 2200RPM White 120mm Fan is a high-static pressure cooling fan that features a high-quality motor and bearing assembly, sealed-edge fan casing, 0db regime, and standard D-RGB connection.
The EK-Vardar EVO 120ER D-RGB - White is a white-framed version of the high-static pressure computer cooling fan, designed and built primarily for highest-performance computer liquid cooling systems. Developed in-house and first introduced in 2014, the EK-Vardar fan is now also available as EK-Vardar EVO 120ER D-RGB. Besides the addressable D-RGB lighting that can be daisy-chained, the new fan also packs the Extended Range (ER) of the PWM operation feature and the special Start-Stop function which brings a true 0dB experience for the absolute silent fan operation. EK-Vardar EVO 120ER D-RGB is simply the best choice of addressable RGB fan for computer radiator cooling as it provides unmatched performance throughout the entire operating range.
The perfectly balanced milky colored 7-blade impeller design is optimized for light dispersion and high-pressure operation while maintaining the low noise profile throughout the whole operation range of the fan. Under the motor hub, there is a total of 9 LEDs making this one of the brightest D-RGB fans on the market, ensuring perfect light diffusion at broad daylight as well.
One of the key features of the EK-Vardar D-RGB fans is its simplicity as it uses standard 3-pin 5V D-RGB connectivity. Meaning it can be used with any standard 3-pin 5V addressable D-RGB controller or any of popular RGB sync technologies from all major motherboard manufacturers. This connector cable has a splitter to daisy chain the next Vardar D-RGB fan to it. The arrow marking on the 3-pin LED connector is to be aligned with the +5V marking on the D-RGB (ARGB) header. Also, the sleek black flat ribbon cable will not make any clutter and is easily concealed for the best cable management experience.
The Vardar family of cooling fans carries the notorious name of a type of the cold northwesterly wind blowing from the mountains down to the valleys of Macedonia. It is a type of ravine wind, enhanced by a channeling effect while blowing down through the Moravia-Vardar gap, bringing cold conditions from the north to the Thessaloniki area of Greece. Most frequent during winter, it is blowing in the rear of a depression when atmospheric pressure over eastern Europe is higher than over the Aegean Sea.
Other key characteristics of the EK-Vardar EVO 120ER D-RGB fan are:
- High-static pressure / low noise profile – Unlike other general-purpose computer cooling fans, the EK-Vardar EVO 120ER D-RGB fan is built specifically for computer liquid cooling systems, namely radiator cooling. The Vardar’s design and construction are also very suitable for high-performance air coolers or as case fans for restrictive cases with dust filters.
- High-quality motor and bearing assembly – New electrical design, actively cooled motor windings and the Dual-Ball bearing with 50.000 hours of lifespan (MTBF) ensures uninterrupted operation for years to come. Precise Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) for fan speed adjustment allows performance on demand.
- Sealed-edge fan casing – The classic, yet the effective square shape of the fan casing provides optimal performance in either pull- (suction) or push (pressure) regime without hydraulic losses thus ensuring the optimal cooling capacity of your liquid cooling radiators. The classic shape of the fan frame also allows easy cable routing while grouping more fans on one radiator.
- Timeless design – The EK-Vardar EVO 120ER D-RGB fan with its simple square frame fits into any liquid cooling computer without drawing too much attention to itself.
- Standard D-RGB connection – The Vardar D-RGB does not require any fancy and expensive additional controller for you to enjoy vibrant lighting effects. A simple 3-pin 5V addressable D-RGB connection for standard controllers or any popular D-RGB (ARGB) sync technology from major motherboard manufacturers.
- 0db regime - EK-Vardar EVO features a unique Start-Stop function which ensures the user a true 0db noise environment. When the fan curve is set with the minimum threshold point below 25-30% PWM duty cycle (depending on the motherboard model), the motor and the electronics will turn off and the fan will simply stop spinning. EK-Vardar EVO restarts operation automatically as fan control ramps up its operational duty cycle past threshold start-stop point. This feature is very useful for preventing radiator dust buildup in idling PCs and to prolong the lifecycle of the fan itself.
- Slim black cables - The Vardar RGB fan features simple slim black cables with no additional cable sleeving. This will enable easier cable routing and much less cable clutter.
- Daisy-chaining - The ability to link RGB connectors of multiple Vardar fans allows you to utilize a single D-RGB source to power the LEDs of several Vardar fans without creating a cable clutter.
||2200 RPM (+/- 10%)
|LED Power Draw
|PWM Duty Cycle
||25-100% - ER (Extended Range)
||4-pin PWM header
||50.000 hrs @ 40°C (MTBF)
||120 x 120 x 25 mm
|Black cable length
||400 mm + 100 mm RGB daisy-chain branch
|D-RGB connector classic
||3-pin (+5V, Data, Empty, Ground)
|Max Air Flow
||77 CFM = 131 m³/h
||3.16 mm H2O = 31 Pa
||- EK-Vardar EVO 120ER D-RGB 120mm fan
- self-tapping screws (4 pcs)
||It is normal for the EK-Vardar EVO 120ER D-RGB fan to stop spinning at low workload and during PC idling.
The 0db Start-Stop function PWM threshold might vary from motherboard to motherboard model and even source PWM header.
The minimal rotation speed of the fan might vary from motherboard to motherboard model and even source PWM header.
For best results, EK recommends using the CPU_FAN header as the PWM signal source for controlling the fan.
The installed D-RGB LEDs are compatible with every major motherboard manufacturer and mainstream aRGB controller via the 3-pin header.
Backed by a 2 year EK warranty.